Traditional Fete stalls and Fun Activities for All Ages, with delicious Food and Drink including BBQ, Pimms and Beer tents to refresh you during the afternoon. Try your luck in the Tombolas, bid in the Silent Auction, have a go on the Coconut Shy, buy nice things at the Plant and Toy Stalls and there’s much more!
In the Arena we are very excited to announce a great range of events including ‘Flyte of Fancy’ Sheepdog Demonstrations with Duck Herding, Vintage Transport Parade and of course – Egg-throwing…
Fancy your chances in a competition? Do you have a dog, a camera or a broomstick? If so, you can enter the Dog Show – or the Photo Competition (see class detail in the Fete programme, photos to be submitted on the day should be 9”x6”, dogs can be any size!!!), West Tytherley Scarecrow Flash Mob – Scarecrows with a Nautical theme.
Wow!!! – some great new Events this year:
- Lockerley Silver Band will be entertaining us through the afternoon.#
- Vintage and Classic Transport – display and Parade in the Arena
- ‘Flyte of Fancy’ Sheepdog Demonstrations with Duck Herding!
- Dog Show – Judge: Carol Wright, The Happy Puppy Company Ability, not looks, will win this year… so get training! Entry Fee £2 per class. Rosettes and prizes in each class.All entries must be registered by 12:30h at the Dog Show Arena. See Event Schedule on right for classes and timing on our events page here
- West Tytherley Scarecrow Flash Mob – Judge: Diane Knott “Nautical” theme: anything to do with boats and the sea. Free to enter – put your Scarecrow up outside your house and sign up in the Village Shop. Entries must be listed and up for Judging before Saturday 11 May. If you can, bring your Scarecrow to display at the Village Fete before midday on Saturday 18 May. Prize-giving at 13:45h.
- Photo Competition – Judge: Julie Copestake, Lone Barn Photography. Entry Fee £2 per class. Prizes in each class. Entries must be registered by 12:30h. Prize-giving at 14:45h. Classes for under 16 and 16+ in each of: Classes 1 & 2: West Tytherley scenes – must be pictures of WT and surrounding area; the best winter scene in each category to be used as the Village Christmas Card for 2019 Classes 3 & 4: Portraits – not necessarily of people… Classes 5 & 6: Abstract. Entry forms for competitions with all entry info will be in the Village Shop soon!
Festivities will continue at the Barn Dance in the evening starting 19:00hrs
Tickets are available from the Shop: £12, £8 under 16s (must be accompanied by adult); ticket includes a light supper; wine, beer and soft drinks will be for sale.
Special Thanks to our Fete Patrons: Alan and Cynthia Bannister,Fiona Collier, Professor Richard and Mrs Jane Elliott, Ben Johnston, Jim and Katrina Little and Liz and Ian Maude and, of course all the local sponsors too!
For more information about West Tytherley and Frenchmoor Village Fete and to view a timetable of the day, please click here