-Speedy, simple, contact-free delivery to cars now available –
Domino’s, the UK’s best loved pizza company, has made it even easier to snap up special collection-only deals, with their latest In Car Collection innovation. The pizza giant has chosen its Winchester store to trial a new hassle-free way to collect piping-hot orders without having to brave the wintery weather or even leave the cosy comfort of your car.
After months of customer research, Domino’s can reveal that pizza-lovers are calling out for a new collection option. In order to provide a new, quick and simple way to collect delicious pizza orders, Domino’s digital gurus have been busy working on a serious tech innovation which uses location-sharing to track a customer’s journey from sofa to store. Customers who order from the Winchester store now have two ways to take advantage of brilliant collection-only deals: either, popping into store to collect their order directly or waiting outside in their car for a pizza drop-off from one of the friendly store team.
How does it work?
- You choose your favourite pizza, sides and desserts for order and select the In-Car Collection option online or via the app
- The store will send you a text message 10 minutes before your order is ready for collection
- You share your current location with the store by clicking a link in the text
- In the meantime, our pizza chefs get busy making your order and they’ll track your journey to store
- You arrive at the designated Domino’s parking area
- A store team member delivers your pizza order directly to your car
- Now, try and contain your hunger and resist the urge of tucking into your pizza on the way home!
Clive West, Domino’s Group Digital Director said:
We are delighted to launch In Car Collection at our Winchester store. We’ve listened to our customers and know that convenience and speed are key when it comes to collection. Despite this being an extremely challenging year for many, we are privileged to be able to develop new innovations for our customers. If the trial is a success, we’ll be looking to roll this out to other stores in the UK, we can’t wait to hear customer feedback!
Wayne Benson, Managing Director for Solent Pizza said:
Collection is hugely popular in our store and we know pizza fans in Winchester love a great deal. By offering In Car Collection, we’re giving our customers even more options to get their hands on a Domino’s pizza. In these uncertain times we know how important it is to be able to rely on your local store to cook up delicious food when you’re craving it the most. We’re proud to be able to go a step further and make life that little bit easier by bringing your order directly to your car when you come to collect your food.
Photo: Dominos Pizza In Car Collection