A Local Testing Site for people displaying symptoms of coronavirus has opened in Andover.
The new walk-through, appointment-only Local Testing Site located at Shepherds Spring Lane car park launched successfully on Saturday 16 January and is offering tests to anyone displaying symptoms, however mild, with appointments booked online or by calling 119.
During the current national lockdown, residents should only leave home for essential reasons, which includes getting a COVID test if displaying symptoms (a high temperature, a new, continuous cough, or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste). Testing is free and involves a swab of the nose and back of the throat, which takes less than a minute to complete.
Anyone testing positive in England will be contacted by NHS Test and Trace. This will help to identify their close contacts and protect others in the community from further transmission of the virus.
Close contacts of those testing positive will also hear from NHS Test and Trace, asking them to self-isolate to prevent them from unknowingly spreading the virus and to book a test if they develop symptoms.
Booking an appointment
- This is a walk-through Local Testing Site for pedestrian access.
- Tests are by appointment only.
- Appointments will be made available each day by booking online or calling 119.
- When booking a test, you will be offered the next available appointment – this may not necessarily be in the location nearest to where you live.
- Only book a test if displaying any of the three main symptoms of the virus (a high temperature, a new, continuous cough, or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste), or advised to do so by NHS Test and Trace.
- Return directly home after the test to await results.
- Anyone unable to travel to a Local Testing Site by private car or walking should consider booking a home test.