1. Last year, the largest human Christmas tree was set as 4,030 people helped set the record in India, on 19th December 2015. The majority of participants were children from the village Chengannur.
2. The record for most lights lit on one Christmas tree is 194,672. This amazing feat was achieved by Kiwanis Malmedy / Haute Fagnes in Malmedy, Belgium, on 10th December 2010. It was made of 350 garlands measuring 3m (9ft 10in) long that were fitted with 576 lights.
3. To date the most expensively dressed Christmas tree was valued at £6,975,880. It was erected and displayed by the Emirates Palace (UAE) in Abu Dhabi, UAE, from 16th to 29th December 2010. Covered in 181 items of jewellery it stood 13.1m (43.2ft) high.
4. Nearer to home, the record for a chain cracker pull was set by Vodafone, Newbury in 2011. It was an impressive 566 crackers simultaneously popped in an unbroken chain and it was
organised to support ITV’s Text Santa charity campaign.
5. A gathering of 3,473 people were recorded wearing holiday jumpers and it was achieved at the men’s basketball game in Lawrence, Kansas, USA on 19th December 2015.
6. In December 2014, the UK airline EasyJet achieved a Guinness World Record for the highest altitude carol concert during a flight from London Gatwick to Geneva. The concert lasted 15 minutes a record-setting altitude of 39,000ft.
7. The largest ever group recorded of 25,272 carol singers was made up of Godswill Akpabio unity choir (Nigeria) at the Uyo Township Stadium, Akwa Ibom, Nigeria, on 13th December 2014.
8. The most valuable Christmas card in the world and also considered the world’s first Christmas card was sold at auction in Devizes, Wiltshire, UK for £20,000 back in November 2001. Measuring 5 x 3 inches, It was bought by an anonymous bidder and originally sent by Sir Henry Cole who was a Bath-born businessman to his grandmother in 1843 and is handcoloured by the London illustrator John Calcott Horsley.
9. The world’s tallest cut Christmas tree remains unbeaten since 1950, it was a 67.36m (221ft) Douglas fir (Pseudotsga menziesii) and was erected plus decorated at Northgate Shopping Center,
Seattle, Washington, USA, in December of that year.
10. How would you fancy a ginormous Christmas Dinner? The largest ever was recorded as a 9.6kg (21.16lb) festive feast for one. Comprised of all the traditional trimmings of turkey, carrots, parsnips, broccoli pieces, cauliflower pieces, roast potatoes, “pigs in blankets” and 25 sprouts, this dinner was served by Ashley & Louise Gargan at the Duck Inn, in Oakenshaw, Worcestershire, UK, on 24th December 2013.